![]() |
| Advertisement |
Hi all, so my girlfriend and I have committed to losing weight. We both grew up very active and played sports all the way through college. But after starting our careers things got too busy to the point where we ballooned up about 100 pounds each over a few years. I work in an office and literally spend the whole day sitting. It seems like I started piling on the pounds as soon as I began my career. And she's an RN which is a super active job, but she got on the night shift for a few years and that's when she started packing on the weight. She's working normal hours again now, but can't seem to lose it.
We agree that our primary issue is our schedules and our relationship with food. I stay late the majority of the week. It's a real treat when I'm out of the office around dinner time, so naturally we'll go out to eat. And there are always drug reps at her hospital and they ALWAYS bring food to the point where she feels tempted 24/7.
The worst part though is like I mentioned, we both were athletes all the way through college so we "know" fitness. It's just that we both knew we had put on a few pounds at first, but it didn't seem like enough to worry about to the point where we'd need to try and cram workout sessions into our already packed schedules, and then things kept going slowly and gradually. Pretty much unnoticed and unchecked until one day it was very obvious in the mirror that we were morbidly obese. That's when we got on the scale and did the math.
So things are tough at the moment. I'm wearing elastic slacks at work and she obviously works in scrubs. They're comfy but encourage bad habits. And it's an awful experience for us trying to exercise right now because it's never been this hard before. So we haven't at all. And we're both aware that we turn to comfort food routinely, but that's not enough to stop it.
My GF put it perfectly: she said she wakes up with good intentions and feeling put off by the laziness and overindulging, gluttony, whatever you want to call it, and won't even have a bite for breakfast. But by the late afternoon or evening, she feels like a totally different person and the pigging out starts all over again with thoughts like "I'm fat now so I might as well eat like a fatty."
And I agree, I go through the same thing daily more or less. So it doesn't help that we end up enabling each other too. Has anyone here been through something similar and have advice or help they can offer? I want to say we can change!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Fmy9bb



