stupid question: what weight is BMI based on?

ad300
Advertisement

So I tend to overthink absolutely everything in life so this question is really not out of character for me, however, everybody else will probably be like, what on earth why are you even thinking that?

Anywayyyyy, I was reading BMI charts and trying to figure out where the weight they are based on comes from. For example, I personally am 5'6 and weigh 125 lbs in the morning after I'm all dried up and naked but then at night I tend to weigh more in the 129-131 region.

If I want to know my BMI, do I go off of my morning weight where I am all dried out or do I go off my "walking around" weight, which is obviously higher.

I guess I'm wondering this for the classifications of things like underweight and overweight and obese. In the middle you're obviously just fine as far as healthy weight goes, but let's say you are getting close to one end of the spectrum. Could you be 110 lbs in the morning all dried up but then it's ok because you're 115 lbs walking around later on? And/or could you 180 lbs in the morning and be 186 lbs at night which would make you officially obese?

TLDR: do you go off your lowest, morning weight for BMI or your walking around weight later on

submitted by /u/tswizzle1322
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2B80hL1
Share This
Previous Post
Next Post