How did I regain 20 pounds?!

ad300
Advertisement

I started losing weight about 2 years ago, when I was at 134ish pounds, and began to count calories when I reached 128. My highest recorded weight up to that point had been 138. I was fairly active in the r/loseit community (under a different account) and would share my achievements and give others advice. I was losing at a steady pace, eating 1100-1300 calories a day, being super diligent about weighing and measuring EVERYTHING. I felt great. I felt like I could do anything. I was patient and understood that it took time, but I was seeing results FAST. I dipped below 120 and hovered around 118 for a bit. Bought a new pair of Levi’s that were oh-so-slightly too small (25) as to motivate myself to lose those extra 5 pounds. I even managed to button them up!

But then something happened. And to this day I don’t know what it was, but about a year ago I stopped logging and counting. I stopped weighing myself. I stopped being disgusted by junk food and began eating everything and anything. Over the last 2-3 months, I’m estimating that I’ve been eating over 2k calories a day, despite my TDEE being at 1500-1600.

I weighed myself this evening after once again consuming more than 2k calories. Just over 141. I know some of it is food and water weight but still. How did this happen? I was doing so well and now I’m close to being overweight. This community was what got me started and I’m convinced that it’s what kept me going the first time, so I am BACK and I WILL reach my goal weight this time. Step by step. Little by little. It took me a year to gain 20 pounds, so I don’t expect to lose it any faster.

I can’t add stats to my flair because mobile, but here they are: 24F/sw:141.x/h:5’4.5/gw:115

Although the day is nearly done, I am declaring the next 24 hours as my Day 1, take 2.

Anyone who has started again, any advice on not messing up this time?

submitted by /u/ChocolateDeficiency
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FmmsBp
Share This
Previous Post
Next Post